Eating Healthy Is Not Expensive
6 Ways Eating Healthy Saves You Money
After spending the last several years coaching women to better health, I can tell you that the number one excuse I hear is that eating healthy is too expensive. I am going to set the record straight right now. When someone tells me that eating healthy is too expensive, I know that is just an excuse to not make changes. I know this sounds harsh, but in order for you to move forward with your health goals, you need to stop making excuses. You can either make excuses or you can make progress but you can’t do both. You will never make progress if you are making excuses.
When you eat a healthy plant strong diet you will actually be saving money. Let me explain some ways that eating healthier will save you money.
- You will save money on prescription and over-the-counter medications. Once you start to eat healthier you will start to feel better. You will notice that you are sleeping better, moving better, experience better digestion, feel better mentally etc. You can start saying goodbye to sleeping pills, painkillers, digestive pills and mood elevators.
- Since a bad diet can lead to lots of sick days, once you start eating healthier you will not need as many sick days. Taking too many sick days can cost you time and money.
- Less doctor visits. Improving your diet can greatly decrease the number of doctor visits you go to each year. That means fewer copays. Fewer copays means more savings to you.
- You’ll crush expensive cravings. When you don’t eat a balanced diet, your body gets thrown off balance. You wind up having cravings for fat and sugar, and foods you just don’t crave when you eat a healthy diet. These cravings cost you money. No more cravings equals more money in your pocket.
- Eating a healthier plant-strong diet means you’ll be buying less animal products each week. If you look in your grocery cart each week I bet you will notice that the most expensive things in there are your meats, seafood and dairy products. Less of these products means your monthly grocery expenses will be a lot less too.
- Less eating out at restaurants. When you eat healthier you cook at home more. This means eating out less each month and that will save you a ton of money. Many of my clients forget to add restaurant visits to their monthly food budget and don’t realize how much they are spending each month at restaurants until they start to track it. So don’t forget, eating out during the month is part of your monthly food bill!
These are just a few ways that eating healthier will actually save you money.
As a gift to you, I’ve put together a list of 115 items that you can buy at Trader Joe’s that are not only inexpensive but also very healthy. My goal is to make getting healthy food on your table super easy and I hope this list will help you. I’ve also included a fun list of facts about Trader Joe’s that you may not have known about.
Next time you go shopping at Trader Joe’s take this grocery list with you and fill your cart with healthy inexpensive items to start yourself on the road to better health.
If you want to learn how to use these ingredients in your kitchen and how to make delicious meals that will save you money and help you lose those extra pounds that sneak up on us in midlife, then come join us in our online Nutrition for Women Over 45 Course or in person for one of our Meal Prep Workshops. We will teach you how!
PRINT LIST HERE