Have you thought about meal planning and meal prepping but don't make the time for it. What if I told you that when you meal prep you actually save a lot of money each month. That's right, meal planning and meal prepping will save you a lot of money and who doesn't want to save money?
I want to show you the top 5 ways that meal prepping will save you money each month.
1. Less Ingredient Waste: You waste less food because you will have a system in place that uses all of the ingredients you buy at the store. How often do you buy ingredients only to have them go bad before you can use them because you just couldn't find the time during the week to make those recipes? When you meal prep, you use those ingredients right away and before they have time to go bad.
2. Less Grocery Store Trips: When you have a plan and you stick to it, you will go to the grocery store fewer times during the week. In fact, our monthly meal prep program is designed so that you only have to go to the grocery store twice per week. Less time in the grocery store means less opportunity to buy things you really don't need.
3. Buy In Bulk: When you follow a meal plan you know what meals are going to be prepared for the coming week and you can buy ingredients in bulk because you know what you need ahead of time. Buying items in bulk can save you a lot of money.
4. Less Eating Out: When you have healthy meals already prepped and in your freezer you will not need to eat out as often. Eating out is expensive and let's face it .... almost all restaurant food is unhealthy. Keeping your freezer stocked with healthy prepped meals will save you from eating out during the month and that will save you so much money.
5. Better Health: When your freezer is full of healthy meals you will be able to eat healthier meals all week long. When you eat healthier meals you will experience better overall health and when that happens you will get sick less often. We have several clients who have committed to planning and prepping our meals and over time they see dramatic improvements in their health. Several have even been able to come off some or all prescription medications! Now THAT will save you a ton of money each month!
These are just 5 reasons why meal prepping and meal planning will save you money throughout the month. I could add many more reasons but I think these will give you a really good idea of the importance for making the time for meal prepping.
Many of our clients tell us how surprised they are when they notice the savings every month from meal prepping.
We'd love to have you join us for one of our in-person Meal Prep Workshops or join our Weight Loss & Wellness Course for Women Over 45 where we share many meal prepping videos to save you time and money.
You can also check out Eating Healthy Is Not Expensive where I share lots of tips and a great download of 115 Inexpensive Things To But At Trader Joe's (or any grocery store)
Happy meal prepping!